Today is the last Friday in July, so it's Sysadmin Appreciation Day.

I thank all the people who have built and maintained Wikimedia's technical
infrastructure since 2001 - volunteers, staff, and in between. :) I won't
spam you too much with a repeat of my note from last year
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-July/070791.html .
But I will repeat that Wikimedia Foundation's Ops staff is under "Technical
Operations" in "Engineering and Product Development" on the staff page[1]
in case you want to recognize them and buy them refreshing beverages at
Wikimania. :) https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Staff?showall=1

The site is up. This is the ur-priority, the fact that everything else in
Wikimedia-world depends on. Too often we only notice when the site is down.
Today we notice that it's up, that it's nearly always up, and that it keeps
getting better, and that this takes work and we should appreciate that.

If you want to be someone we appreciate next year, you can always learn. :)
http://ops-school.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ is one place to start.

Sumana Harihareswara
Senior Technical Writer
Wikimedia Foundation