On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Brion Vibber <bvib...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Agreed; "mobilefrontend" and "mobilefrintend-tests" would probably work as
> a pair, same with cirrus etc. however the list of roles is getting kinda
> long and may need a better display with descriptions and search in the
> future... If we add lots more extensions *and* their optional tests or
> configs it's going to be a lot. :)

I have started to work on some patches that will change the way that
we manage the collection of enabled roles (hiera for the puppet nerds
in the audience). When I was talking to Ori about this he had an idea
that I dismissed initially, but which might actually be a cool thing
to do. His idea was to make the role toggling be manageable via a web
interface on the VM's webserver. I think his actual idea may have
involved making a MW extension that managed the entire local hiera
settings file. I'm not sure that I'm in love with the wikiification
idea, but if we want a cross-platform interface with search, sort and
grouping... a web app seems like a reasonable thing we could create.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd...@wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA