On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Aran <a...@organicdesign.co.nz> wrote:

> I'm trying to install parsoid on Ubuntu 12. I installed nodejs from
> source, but when I try and install parsoid via apt-get it fails saying
> that it depends on nodejs (>= 0.8.0) even though node --version returns
> v0.10.31!
>
> Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

The package manager doesn't know anything about software you manually
installed.

The ideal thing to do would be to just install the nodejs package: I see
Ubuntu trusty has 0.10.25, and Debian has 0.10.29 in both testing and
unstable. You may be able to just download the source package and rebuild
it for precise.

Or you could try using the "equivs" package to fake out the package manager.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Software Engineer