MZMcBride wrote:
>We have two requests for comment indices on mediawiki.org:
>
>* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment
>* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Archive
>
>The current system requires manually updating the various lists, which is
>kind of gross as the lists predictably fall out of date. I've proposed and
>begun to implement a classification scheme that will allow us to automate
>the generation of these indices. Details of this scheme are available
>here: <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Permalink/1315007#Cleanup>.
>
>One consequence of this change is that the "Updated" and "Status" table
>columns will likely go away soon. Looking at the contents of these table
>columns, I think ditching them is probably fine.

This is now done. We simplified the RFC infobox template to use a single
status parameter and all of the requests for comment should now be coded.

I added a few lines of JavaScript to
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-site.js> to hide the
"Requests for comment/" prefix. Code review and optimization very welcome.

MZMcBride