Today Google Summer of Code 2015 and Outreachy (was FOSS Outreach Program
for Women, now open to other groups) have announced their call for
organizations. Wikimedia will apply to both programs. The deadlines are
February 20 and 17, respectively. THIS IS 7-10 DAYS FROM NOW!

We need to update the ideas page, but this time we will do it differently:
all project ideas need to be presented as a Phabricator task only (no
excerpt in wiki page page is needed). We will use a workboard to track the
readiness of project ideas.

If you are interested in participating as intern or mentor, follow
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T921

If you are interested in proposing a project idea, associate your task to
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/possible-tech-projects/
(work-in-progress drafts and other proposals subject to discussion are
welcome too)

I'm looking for a co-organizer to drive this round. We have a process that
works, a motivated pool of mentors, and room for creativity and
improvement. Between two people, the job is actually simple, and the
rewards are literally priceless (including the possibility to attend the
Mentors Summit). Nemo was a great co-organizer of Google Code-in, setting a
precedent that we want to consolidate. If you are interested, contact me.

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil