Hi,

Sorry, I know I asked about this thing recently, but I can't remember
what the outcome was.

I know it's currently not possible to create cross wiki templates, but
is there any plan to implement this feature? For example pages like
http://enwp.org/Linux contains "Latest version" and probably many
other pages reference this latest version. Not only on english
wikipedia, but many other wikis as well.

We have the people to update all wikis when new version is out, but we
don't have them for every piece of software on the planet, so having a
central template that would contain DATA * that could be accessed
anywhere would be nice.

* Now why I highlighted DATA? Because I was thinking that project
called "wikidata" would actually fit this purpose. Unfortunatelly it's
not. The internal API's of wikidata do not allow for some weird
security reasons to access data for any article from article with
different name. So if there was entry in wikidata for linux, and I
wanted to access property "version" in article [[Linux kernel
history]] I wouldn't be able to do that. {{FIXME}}

Thanks