They have the same label but they don't have the same identifier internally.

They have different wiki page names:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DynamicPageList_(Wikimedia)
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DynamicPageList_(third-party)

Software shouldn't treat parenthesis different than any other part of it.

The repositories are different:
* mediawiki/extensions/intersection
* mediawiki/extensions/DynamicPageList

They register different ExtensionCredit names (which I believe is what
WikiApiary uses:
   'name'           => 'DynamicPageList',
*    'name'                 => 'DynamicPageList (third party)',

Confusing indeed, and I wouldn't oppose renaming the Wikimedia one to
Intersection. But it sounds like a bug in WikiApiary if these are someone being
considered the same by it's tracking software. Please report that to them or
file a bug in Phabricator if there is something they found wrong in the
extension that could help mitigate the issue.

— Krinkle