Hi,

Flow has a new namespace: Topic. It has an even namespace number by
default: 2600.

Talk pages till now have had odd numbers, and some scripts relied on that.
For example, a project to analyze usage of Hebrew online used this, um,
feature to identify whether the page being analyzed is in a content
namespace or a talking namespace.

I'd argue that it's wrong to do it in the first place, because pages like
Village Pump are in an even-numbered namespace, and their content is closer
to talk pages than to content pages. Also, a program that wants to handle
Flow posts will probably need APIs and queries that are different from
those that are needed for handling old-style wiki pages in any case.

But still, I'll ask to be on the safe side: Does anybody know how prevalent
that is? Is anybody else familiar with scripts, gadgets or extensions that
rely on this?

(No, this is not an April fools joke. Really, it isn't. Yes, I admit that
it sounds a lot like xkcd 1172. And like WP:BEANS. But no, it's not an
April fools joke.)

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬