The Wikimedia Reading Infrastructure team [0] was formed during the
recent Wikimedia Foundation Engineering reorganization [1]. The team
currently consists of former members of the Wikimedia MediaWiki API
team [2] which was formed (briefly) from the Wikimedia MediaWiki Core
and Multimedia teams [3]. The new team's mission has a slightly
different scope that the API team did, but the security, stability and
performance of the API remains a top tier goal in support of the
Reading team's projects and the projects of other WMF and community
developers.

Towards that end, the team would like to put itself (and particularly
Brad "anomie" Jorsch) forward as an available consulting resource for
all other WMF teams and volunteer contributors who are enhancing the
MediaWiki API by adding or updating new code to API modules in core or
extensions. Brad has a long history of both consuming and maintaining
API related code. For several years he has been considered the "go to
guy" by his peers in the former MediaWiki Core team for reviewing API
changes and his name is likely well know to those of you who regularly
work with the API and other projects like Scrubunto [4].

We aren't asking to be the sole arbiters or implementers of API
related change. Rather we would like to have a chance to help ease
implementation pains and provide insight on both the good and bad
patterns that recur in typical API module development. Chances are
good that the Gerrit watches we have will notice patches as they move
through the review process even without explicit inclusion, but we
would appreciate being invited into these conversations when possible.

[0]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Reading_Infrastructure_team
[1]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2015-April/077619.html
[2]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_MediaWiki_API_Team
[3]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2015-March/081357.html
[4]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Scribunto

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd...@wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA