While I know that doesn't sound fancy or attractive, I think the
multimedia team should have as one of its focuses to help with
transitioning to HHVM the imagescalers. There seem to be a few issues
with that and some support that won't just come out of goodwill, but
as a team commitment, would greatly help with that.

Cheers,
Giuseppe