Hi all,

Starting the week of June 8th we'll be transitioning our MediaWiki +
Extensions deployment cadence to a shorter/simpler one. This will begin
with 1.26wmf9.

New cadence:
Tuesday: New branch cut, deployed to test wikis
Wednesday: deployed to non-wikipedias
Thursday: deployed to Wikipedias

This is not only a lot simpler to understand ("wait, we deploy twice on
Wednesday?") but it also shortens the time to get code to everyone (2 or
3 days from branch cut, depending on how you count).

== Transition ==
Transitions from one cadence to another are hard. Here's how we'll be
doing this transition:

Week of June 1st (next week):
* We'll complete the wmf8 rollout on June 3rd
* However, we won't be cutting wmf9 on June 3rd

Week of June 8th (in two weeks):
* We'll begin the new cadence with wmf9 on Tuesday June 9th

I hope this helps our users and developers get great new features and
fixes faster.

Greg

endnotes:
* The task: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T97553
* I'll be updating the relevant documentation before the transition

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |