Out of curiosity what is the problem with the bot that prevents it from
working?

It's entirely possible that fixing the bot is easier than hacking an
internal rotate and reupload feature that runs on the image scalers.

Or... Just making it possible to mark images as needing to be rotated
correctly on output (given we already rotate on thumbnail generation)...

-- brion