On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Sylvain Arnouts <sylvain.arno...@wanadoo.fr
> wrote:

> But I still have some issues. I'm trying to use it in different languages.
> It works in english, but I'd like to have results from the french version
> of Wikivoyage. I don't know why, it doesn't work by calling
> https://fr.wikivoyage.org/w/api.php? ... same request. I've no answer,
> even if the page actually exists.

For this feature to work, the page obviously needs to know its coordinates.
The English page does <
https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=coordinates&titles=Lille>
while the French page does not <
https://fr.wikivoyage.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=coordinates&titles=Lille>.
The coordinates are stored into the page properties using the
{{#coordinates:}} special function, see <
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GeoData#Usage>. On English
Wiktionary, this function is called using the {{Geo}} template (see <
https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Geo&action=edit>). On
the French Wiktionary, the function should probably be called in {{Info
Ville}} or {{Geo}}, I guess.

HTH,
-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]