1. You can always assume that all your input is magically converted to
UTF-8 NFC (Not if you're running from a maintenance script)
2. You can do things like call the API (internally) to edit a page
when a method from $wgParser->parse() is on the stack (Well you can,
but the page you're parsing is going to be "uniq" if you get my
meaning)

>    3. A page's revision is a reliable snapshot of its content (nope:
>    transclusions [and images?] can change independent of a page revision)

Since you put a question mark here, to be clear - image versions can
change independent of revision text. So can other things, like parser
functions, magic variables ({{NUMBEROFARTICLES}}) or tag extensions
(e.g. <CategoryTree>). Not to mention site css/js can make things look
totally different. And then its a whole other confusing mess if
FlaggedRevs is installed.

--
bawolff