Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been involved here, and I've got a pretty good
excuse.  I'm going to avoid going into too much detail, but in short, I was
involved in a pretty nasty traffic collision, and have only recently
returned to work.  It turned out the way that a lot of bike versus car
collisions go, which is to say, I lost  :-(

The good news (for me at least), I've largely recovered.  The surgeons here
did a remarkable job putting me back together again.  I returned to
part-time work a couple of weeks ago, and I'm getting back up to speed on
things.  I still have a number of personal obligations that keep me from
working full-time, but I'll keep my user page on mediawiki.org
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:RobLa-WMF> updated with the latest (or
point you to where I plan to keep that info).

Though we hadn't announced it in April, we had *just* talked about making
my title "Director of Architecture" in the big reorg we had here at WMF.
We hadn't worked out exactly what that meant when I was in the wreck, but I
had a vague idea which I intend to flesh out.  In the short term, I want to
facilitate the activity of the Architecture Committee
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture%20committee>.  I've started
chairing the private meetings of that group, and I'm taking on a bunch of
the administrivia.  I'll make things clearer as they become clearer in my
head  :-)  Well, maybe after that, and after I get a chance to write down
what I'm thinking.
I'm really happy to be back involved!  \o/  If you have any questions, or
you simply want to wave back, feel free to drop a comment on my MediaWiki
talk page:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User_talk:RobLa-WMF

Rob