I would really appreciate this as well -- the workflow stuff was AFAIK
originally supposed to be part of Flow, so from the perspective of someone
not intimately familiar with the current ongoings of the project it's all a
bit confusing to say it's being moved to maintenance mode but the team will
be working on workflows instead of on Flow...

A good user communication system to replace classic talk-page-style hacks
is probably the single most important technical project the WMF can be
working on -- it touches literally everything else.

-- brion