Adisha created https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T113396 and I commented
there before seeing this thread.

Accidentally, I related that proposal with editing offline, which is an
interesting scenario that has in fact more than one related task in
Phabricator -- see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T106898#1665449

And yes, Kiwix projects are welcome to Outreachy / GSoC / etc, just like
any other projects with a connection with Wikimedia or MediaWiki. In fact,
Kiwix has been already one of the main providers of Google Code-in tasks.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:10 PM, adisha porwal <porwaladi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Greeting,
> I want to contribute to wikimedia and for that Outreachy
> <https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/> intership program looks perfect fit for
> me.
>
> For participating in outreachy internship, I need a project idea that I
> will be working on during my internship period. The project idea is to
> develop a new extension to make MediaWiki available offline suggested by
> bmansurov <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/bmansurov/>.
>
>  Is their any existing extension or project which implements this project
> idea or similar to it?If yes, please provide link to that project.
>
> --
> Regards
> Adisha Porwal

Quim Gil