Well the answer is right there in what you posted.

No script took the url for
File:Commodore_Grace_M._Hopper,_USN_(covered).jpg and replaced the
brackets with spaces. (%28 and %29 or '(' and ')' respectively. %20
means <space>)

If you want to be able to look at images with brackets in their names,
I guess you'll have to disable the noscript extension, which seems to
think its a good idea to replace brackets with spaces, in some
misguided attempt to reduce the likelyhood of an XSS.

--
-Bawolff