On Oct 30, 2015 11:06, "Florian Schmidt" <florian.schmidt.wel...@t-online.de>
wrote:

[Thanks for helping the developer community!]

> I'm wondering, if dependencies like yours are widely used and if
extending the requires section support to extensions would help to solve
your problem (with that you could specify a specific version, a range of
version or any version above a specific one, or all versions, too, so your
VIKIJS_VERSION wouldn't be needed anymore, too).

That sounds like
https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Improving_extension_management
, also at  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88596 from the task:

"on dependencies between extensions -- I don't think there is consensus on
whether to specify those dependencies in extension.json or composer.json
(TimStarling, 21:36:55)"

<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T117277>  I mentioned T88596 there.