Hi,

the point is do the writers know that?
Seems not all. Who tells them?

Purodha

On 11.12.2015 20:48, Legoktm wrote:
Hi,

On 12/11/2015 05:42 AM, Bináris wrote:
Reported as https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T121209

Nemo closed it as invalid. While he is right that correct solution is ~~~~~ (5 tildes rather than 4), he is not right that the issue is purely a user
error.

As mass delivery is a MW service (as far as I see, an extension), the
software should handle it: either put the tildes itself or refuse a
malformed message.

MassMessage will warn[1] you if your message is missing a timestamp. It won't forcibly make you add one because the detection is imperfect and
in principle, MassMessage doesn't restrict users, but tries to guide
them into not doing stupid things. I'm not sure if the warning would
have triggered in this case as a UTC timestamp is valid on Meta-Wiki,
which is where the message originated from.

There's also some discussion about how signatures should be added at [2].

[1]

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MassMessage_timestamp_warning.png
[2]

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:MassMessage#Signature_recommendation