On 01/13/2016 09:09 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
> I've been working with a number of colleagues getting ready to turn HTTPS
> on by default for various loc.gov domains. This has been fairly successful
> and we're working through the old legacy apps now.

Awesome!

> When that work completes, we'll have somewhere around half a million links
> which differ only in the URL scheme. What would be the best way to rewrite
> all of those URLs? I'd like to reduce the window during which users transit
> from HTTPS -> HTTP -> HTTPS.

You can use Pywikbot's replace.py[1], which lets you provide regex
find/replace and can get a list of pages from the API equivalent of
Special:LinkSearch.

You should also consider setting up HSTS[2] so regardless if users click
on an HTTP link, they'll be sent to the HTTPS version of the site.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Pywikibot/replace.py
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

-- Legoktm