On 27 January 2016 at 17:16, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Especially when debugging and testing cross-wiki features, it is
> extremely useful to have two test wikis to use. MassMessage,
> GlobalCssJs, GlobalUserPage, and now cross-wiki notifications were all
> initially deployed using testwiki as the "central" wiki, and test2wiki
> as a "client" wiki.

That sounds like a good reason to keep it, especially since global
notifications is an active, ongoing work. Perhaps, as an alternative to
shutting it down, we should just make it clearer that test2.wikipedia.org
is primarily intended for that purpose on that wiki's main page (or
anywhere else thought appropriate). If there's some specific overhead to
keeping test2 alive that might outweigh that benefit, now would seem to be
the time to make it clear. :-)

Dan

--
Dan Garry