I think the Editing team would be interested in this! Pinging James
Forrester.

I am glad to see the interest in tables. Table editing is much easier in VE
than in wikitext and I'd love to see additional table editing functionality
in VE, including the ability to import tables from spreadsheet applications
with text and cell formatting.

Pine