Hello all,

Google Summer of Code 2016 [1], and Outreachy'12 is closing in, and this
year we have a few change in rules. We are lifting our intern participation
limit of one GSoC/Outreachy with Wikimedia per student, from this year.
This was discussed [2], and repeating configuration is expected to make
sure continued work on ongoing projects, adding up to the goal of gathering
in more long term contributors.

Please note that a previous intern who had participated in one Outreachy
project can still participate in 2 GSoC rounds with Wikimedia, but not
three ( which would total 4 internships ). The change came after Google
announced its new limitation of maximum 3 GSoC per student in one lifetime.

We need to get all the previous interns and mentors back in action, and
closely update the GSoC'16 board [3]. Find some interesting task that can
be a possible tech project ? do update the Possible-Tech-Projects board
[4]. Your thoughts are also welcome[5] on getting our previous
interns+mentors back in action.

[1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline?hl=en
[3] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/google-summer-of-code-2016/
[4] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/possible-tech-projects/

Thanks,
Tony Thomas <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:01tonythomas>
ThinkFOSS <http://www.thinkfoss.com>

*"where there is a WiFi, there is a way"*