Hello all,

Google released the selects for GSoC 2016 yesterday, and Wikimedia is happy
to welcome its 8 interns:

   1. Accuracy Review of Wikipedia
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T129536> - Priyanka. Mentors - James
   Salsman, Fabian Flock
   2. Extension for page creating/editing notification
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T130924> - Abhinand. Mentors -
   Yaron_Koren, tosfos
   3. Implementing HTML E-Mail support in MediaWiki
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T130490> - Galorefitz. Mentors -
   Parent5446, Tony Thomas
   4. Integration of IFTTT support to WikiData
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T129016> - D3r1ck01. Mentors -
   Slaporte, Bene, hoo, Lydia_Pintscher
   5. Improving static analysis tools for MediaWiki
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T130574> - Lethexie. Mentors. Mentors
   - Addshore, EBernhardson, Legoktm
   6. List Of Contributors <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T129123> -
   Devirk. Mentors- Addshore, Samtar
   7. Port catimages.py to pywikibot-core
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T129611> - AbdealiJK. Mentors -
   DrTrigo, jayvdb
   8. Pywikibot Support for Thanks
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T130585> - darthbhyrava. Mentors -
   javydb, legoktm

Your comments and feedback are welcome at the proposal and its parent
tasks. We have couple of projects coming up from the Community Wishlist
survey, and thanks to the Wikidata team too for their help.

We selected three[1] of our Outreachy interns for GSoC, as their mentors
and org admins agreed.

For the selected applicants, the community bonding period will begin
shortly, and you can find out how to make maximum out of it in our *Life of
a successful project* doc[2]. Edits are welcome on that document too, to
make things easy for the interns.

For applicants who came up with a strong proposal, and couldn't make it for
this round, you can plan to work on the same ( if your mentors agree too ).
You can apply with the same for a future round considering consensus and
eligibility.
We have marked rejected proposal tasks as declined, but feel free to
implement, in case the community and mentors seem interested. Consider
notifying your siblings about the upcoming Google Code In ( g.co/gci )
round too, if they are < 18 years of age and do take a look at Wikimedia
PEG[3].

Thanks to Sumit[4] and Niharika for co-organizing this round with me, and
Quim for his time.

You can find the GSoC-16 phab project at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/google-summer-of-code-2016/ for a
better view.

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/2016/MayAugust#Wikimedia
[2]