Hi all!

This Wednesday the ArchCom office hour will be about discussing the next steps
towards support for Multi-Content Revisions (MCR). The focus will be on the
heart of the proposal, the database schema for associating multiple content
objects with a single revision[1]. The basic schema was discussed recently in
the context of improving content model storage[2]. This session will be about
resolving some remaining questions about the schema, and about discussing the
deployment and migration strategy.

Detail questions:
- Do we want a single names table, or separate tables for content_model,
content_format, etc?
- Do we need cont_hash (or cont_sha1) and cont_logical_size?
- De we re-use or copy content rows?
- If we re-use, does the role live in the content or in the slot label?

Broader questions:
- Are the scaling and Efficiency estimates correct?
- What options do we have for optimization?
- Would the proposed migration plan work?

The discussion is scheduled for 2016-09-21 UTC:
Time: Wednesday 21 UTC (2pm PDT, 23 CEST)
Place: #wikimedia-office
Phab event: [E273][3]
[ArchCom/Status][4]

Daniel

[1]: <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Multi-Content_Revisions/Content_Meta-Data>
[2]: <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E261>
[3]: <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E273> Upcoming meeting
[4]: <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_committee/Status>

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.