Thanks Amir!

It's been a long since I wanted to include wp10 in our search indices to experiment with this data as a relevance signal.

This is now possible with your dataset and I've built a test index[1] which uses the following signals to rank results:

- incoming links

- weekly pageviews

- wp10

The weights for these signals have not been properly tuned yet but they can be adjusted at query time with uri query param:

- cirrusIncLinksW: weight for a value that ranges from 0 to 1

- cirrusPageViewsW: weight for a value that ranges from 0 to 1

- cirrusWP10W: weight for a value that ranges from 0 to 5

Examples:

- articles in category 'History_of_Essex' sorted by WP10 best first [1]

- articles in category 'History_of_Essex' sorted by WP10 worst first [2]

I'd love to make this data available in a more convenient way with query keywords like wp10:0 and then allow playing other signals like pageviews.

Concerning internal search ranking we will soon evaluate how wp10 compares with existing signals (inclinks/pageviews) and I'd like to use it as a replacement for the naive scoring method we use for autocomplete searches.

Well... everything is at an early stage but I believe we can do very interesting things with wp10 and search, I still don't know exactly what, nor how :)

Thanks!

[1] http://en-wp-bm25-wp10-relforge.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Search

[2] http://en-wp-bm25-wp10-relforge.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?search=incategory%3A%22History_of_Essex%22&title=Special:Search&go=Go&cirrusWP10W=10&cirrusIncLinksW=0&cirrusPageViewsW=0

[3] http://en-wp-bm25-wp10-relforge.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?search=incategory%3A%22History_of_Essex%22&title=Special:Search&go=Go&cirrusWP10W=-10&cirrusIncLinksW=0&cirrusPageViewsW=0