The footers are controlled at 3 different levels:
* The interface messages built into MediaWiki
* Hook handlers that override those interface messages with other interface
messages specifically for Wikimedia projects in the WikimediaMessages
extension
* Local message overrides controlled by local wiki admins
There are also two different sets of footers (and corresponding interface
messages), one set for desktop and another set for mobile.

So the answer to your question is "a lot of different people". On the WMF
side, I would say that probably no one "owns" the footers, but I would
nominate the Reading team to address any issues (since they are most
familiar with the mobile components). On the community side, you can check
the histories of the following interface messages on a particular wiki:
* wikimedia-copyright
* privacy
* aboutsite
* disclaimers