I like the idea of having a unique event for this sort of thing.  There's a
large class of annotations like that that happen on a shifted timescale.
E.g. abuse filter tags are applied after an edit is saved.  If we are to
build a queue of edits for review, we'd like to have up-to-date abuse
filter tags too.