Welcome, Srishti!

From the MIT Media Lab to Wikimedia Foundation! How great!

It would be great to chat further about your work at the Media Lab with
UnHangouts and at the WMF - and wiki CC WUaS as well; might you participate
in the open ArchCom (Architecture Committee) meeting this afternoon from
2-3pm PT in Internet Relay Chat - #wikimedia-office ...
https://webchat.freenode.net - as a start?

I'd like to invite you, Srishti, (and all
Wikitechans/Wikidatans/Wikimedians in the SF Bay Area) to the Wikidata 4th
birthday party on Wednesday, October 26 from 12:30-1:30 at Red Door Coffee
SF on 111 Minna Street - https://www.wikidata.org/
wiki/Wikidata:Fourth_Birthday/Events. (CC World University and School
donated CC WUaS to CC Wikidata last autumn. WUaS is bringing the cake to
this party. Wiki WUaS is accrediting on MIT OpenCourseWare in its 7
languages+ to create free CC "Harvards of the Web" with free CC Uni degrees
in all countries' main languages. WUaS holds an open hive meeting space at
AFSC / SFFM on 9th Street at Mission on M & W, 10-noon, not far from the
Wikimedia Foundation at all).

(Waiting here to hear if I made the short list for a tenure track MIT Media
Lab junior faculty position. Will head back to Cambridge, MA, to give a
talk and for interviews in late October / early November if I do.)

Welcome to the WMF wiki world of SF and looking forward to meeting and
talking with you in person.

Namaste, Scott
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 12:22 AM, Alangi Derick <alangider...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You are highly welcome Srishti
> Sethi. Hope you will enjoy working with the entire Wikimedia Foundation and
> it's various departments. I wish you a nice stay in the Wikimedia
> Foundation. Once again, you are welcome and I am hoping to work with you 🙂
>
> Cheers
> Alangi Derick N
>
> On Oct 12, 2016 7:52 AM, "Quim Gil" <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > The Technical Collaboration team is very happy to introduce you to
> Srishti
> > Sethi <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SSethi_(WMF)>, our new
> > Developer Advocate. Srishti will lead our efforts to engage volunteer
> > developers in Wikimedia software projects and to grow the Wikimedia
> > technical community. In her first assignments, she will help promote
> > Community Wishlist projects, the Wikimedia Developer Summit, and
> > Wikimedia’s participation in Google Code-in. Srishti just relocated from
> > Boston to San Francisco, and she will work at the Wikimedia Foundation
> > office.
> >
> > Srishti originally hails from Rajasthan, India. She recently finished her
> > Masters in Media Arts and Sciences from the MIT Media Lab, where she was
> > exploring how online platforms for learning could be made more peer-led,
> > engaging, participatory and accessible to diverse populations. At the
> Media
> > Lab, Srishti contributed to the design, development, and research of
> > Unhangout (http://unhangout.media.mit.edu), a platform for running
> > large-scale un-conference style events online.
> >
> > Before joining MIT, she was working as a software developer with a
> startup
> > organization in India. As an undergrad, she was involved with the open
> > source community GNOME and its educational project GCompris.
> >
> > In her spare time, Srishti likes to play ping-pong, do long bike trips,
> > take photographs and make masala chai for friends. :)
> >
> > Please join us in welcoming Srishti!
> >
> > --
> > Quim Gil
> > Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- 415 480 4577
- http://scottmacleod.com
- World University and School
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.