On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 3:41 AM, Danny B. <wikipedia.dann...@email.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a friend of mine is looking for examples of Bash code to edit MediaWiki via
> API (as far as I understood, login, logout, get page text, put text to the
> page (preferrably with custom tag); nothing more (unless needed)) for his
> project of sharing some open data.
>
> He has some other Bash scripts which generate some text which he needs to
> save on wiki. Such text can be provided to the API edit part either via
> pipe, as a variable content or saved in file (that's the preferred order of
> possibilities).
>
> If you have or know about any examples, please let me know (feel free to
> reply off-list with attachments), so I can forward it to him.
>

> Thanks for any help in advance.
>

> Kind regards
>

> Danny B.

Ok. So I'm not sure if I should post this or not, but... Once upon a
time, back when I didn't really know how to program, I wrote a bot in
bash for updating an onwiki template for what articles are trending
currently on enwikinews. Code is absolutely horrible and not something
you should follow, but I suppose it is an example. There's source code
at https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User:Bawolff_bot (API might have
changed slightly since that was written).

--
Bawolff