On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM mathieu stumpf guntz <
psychosl...@culture-libre.org> wrote:

> * mediawiki.util get renamed to mediawiki.outil : there is no problem
> with that, isn't it?
> * then changed to alors : there is no problem with that, isn't it?

Yes, that is a problem. As pointed out by others: it makes grepping for
code when doing refactoring basically impossible as I'd have to know
a list of every possible translation of "util." That's not a good use of
developer time at all.

I mean these ideas have merit on the face of them, but I'm totally in the
"this is nice but probably not worth the maintenance burden" camp along
with Gergo.

T150417 was declined, and for good reasons I think.

I think ideas like Babylscript are more useful for a project where you've
got a lot of developers in a *single* non-English language. For example,
a team of Italians who would rather work in Italian than English. In our
case, we've got *many* languages and being able to use things across
wikis/languages is important.

-Chad