That's right! At the Wikimedia Developer Summit we decided to organize a
Developer Wishlist Survey, and here we go:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Wishlist

The Wikimedia technical community seeks input from developers for
developers, to create a high-profile list of desired improvements. The
scope of the survey includes the MediaWiki platform (core software, APIs,
developer environment, enablers for extensions, gadgets, templates, bots,
dumps), the Wikimedia server infrastructure, the contribution process, and
documentation.

The best part: we want to have the results published by Wednesday, February
15. Yes, in a month, in order to have a higher chance to influence the
Wikimedia Foundation annual plan FY 2017-18.

There's no time to lose. *Propose your ideas before the end of January,*
either pushing existing tasks in Phabricator or creating new ones. You can
find instructions in the wiki page. Questions and feedback are especially
welcome in the related Talk page.

The voting phase is expected to start on February 6 (tentative). What this
space (or even better, the wiki page).

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil