Source: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Code_of_Conduct#
Selection_process_for_CoC_Committee_candidates

Status update: 37 people have been contacted so far, from which 32 are
currently potential candidates. 6 people are self-nominated, 18 have been
recommended, and 13 have been invited by us. We have started to discuss
selection criteria. With our focus on diversity in mind, we are trying to
cover fairly well aspects like gender, age, location, languages,
affiliation, developer experience, Wikimedia experience, and areas of
specialization.

We are still reaching out to new candidates and we welcome more
self-nominations and recommendations. Instructions:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Code_of_Conduct#Call_for_candidates_to_form_the_first_Code_of_Conduct_Committee

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil