On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:02 PM Stephan Gambke <s7ep...@protonmail.com>
wrote:

> See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T118683
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/244044 introduced a change that causes
> warnings on extensions that implemented the TitleMoveComplete hook
> signature according to documentation at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks/TitleMoveComplete.
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/249189/ tried to fix it but did not.
>
> Since then several MW versions have been released without a fix. All that
> happened was that the hook description on mw.org got a warning banner.
> Any comments? Any suggestions as to a way forward?
> As 244044 is clearly breaking stuff, what about completely reverting it?

Sometimes hook signatures change. A new LTS is a perfectly ok release to
put them
in--LTS just means we won't be introducing breaking changes between
releases of
that series and we're committed to back porting security fixes for some
time.

This was released with 1.27.0 from the beginning -- it was not later
backported as an
incompatible 1.27.1+ fix.

Extensions that are affected should be updated for 1.27.0+ support --
that's the fix...nothing
from core.

-Chad