> Does it actually make sense to notify third parties using postgres about
> the change? Its not like we are dropping support for it, and im doubtful
> that random user using postgres with mediawiki has opinions on
> implementation details such as what specific features are used in the
> schema or would even understand what all this is about.

Will the upgrade be seamless regardless of how they upgrade their
version? Will they be able to recover their website after disaster
from a backup with the old layout? If the answer is anything else than
a definite yes (and I can imagine at least a scenario where MW is
upgraded without Postgre), then yes, it makes sense to try and reduce
the surprise effect. Even if they don't have an opinion about it,
knowing of the change will help them upgrade.

Strainu