On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Turning off OCG. Investigating using chromium for printing.
>
> The first sentence is unclear. I think it means "We would like to turn off
> OCG" (i.e. "replace OCG"), where the second sentence indicates a step to
> that purpose. Please confirm.

The best description I can find in Phabricator for "Turning off OCG"
is <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T150871>. There is also
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/PDF_Functionality>.

There was also a blurb in Tech News
(<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2017/37>):

> You can't use OCG to create PDFs after 1 October. This is because
> of technical problems. You can use Electron instead. Most PDFs are
> already created with Electron. Electron will get missing features
> before 1 October. You can create books but they will not have all
> planned features until November or December. You can read more on
> mediawiki.org.

Hopefully someone working on the project can give pointers to the
chromium investigation.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd...@wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]] Manager, Cloud Services          Boise, ID USA