Hi!

> Account verification was initially a feature for public figures and
> accounts of public interest, individuals in music, acting, fashion,
> government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business
> and other key interest areas. Account verification was introduced to
> Twitter in June 2009, Google+ in August 2011, Facebook in February
> 2012, Instagram in December 2014, and Pinterest in June 2015.

Given how much controversy and unhealthy dynamics surrounds verified
accounts on Twitter (not sure about Pinterest etc. - don't have any info
there) I do not think it is a good idea to copy it. If there's an
individual need to establish link between legal identity of somebody and
their Wiki credentials, there are easy ways to do it - e.g. publish a
signed message both on wiki user page under the account and on the
resource known to be controlled by the person, etc. But I don't think
special status like that would be very useful or very welcome.
Also note linking one's legal identity to Wiki edits may be very
dangerous in some countries. Requiring people to take that risk to edit
certain pages is not really a good thing.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org