Hello again,
This is the monthly update from the Readers team at the Wikimedia
Foundation for May 2018.

==Discussions==

=== Apps===
* iOS and Android teams both published incremental updates to address
issues with new Reading Lists. [0]

=== Web ===
* Continuing work on the mobile page issues project [1]
* Preparing for the deployment of our new PDF renderer [2]
* Team was way at offsite and hackathon - discussing plans for next year

=== Reading Infrastructure ===
* Published Wikipedia Reading List browser extensions for Chrome and
Firefox.[3] Safari extension to follow hopefully soon, but dealing
with a cookie issue when "keep me logged in" is not used.
* Updated various APIs (action=mobileview, /page/summary,
/page/mobile-sections) to provide locally overwritten descriptions vs.
the centrally stored ones in Wikidata. [4] [5] These were follow-ups
to T192838. [6]

=== New Readers ===
* New Reader updates can be found at Meta. [7]

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Synced_Reading_Lists
[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile_Page_Issues
[3]
https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Apps/Reading_list_browser_extension
[7] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_Readers/Updates
---

Subscribe to receive theses updates as on-wiki notifications or opt-in email.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Newsletter:Readers_Monthly

The archive of all past updates can be found on MediaWiki.org:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Status_updates

Yours,
Chris Koerner
Community Liaison