Hello,

The Release Engineering team will be expanding the set of people
responsible for the weekly MediaWiki train deployments[0] to include
people working normal European hours. Unfortunately, the current MW
train deployment window is too late in the day for them.

To address this we are adding a European-focused timeslot for the MW
train (and moving the current "EU SWAT window" 2 hours earlier to
accommodate).

The first planned use of the new window will be next week, the week of
July 9th.

For the avoidance of doubt: the normal MW train windows will not go
away, these EU-timezone ones are in addition to them and only used
during weeks that the train is conducted by someone in Europe. But, the
EU SWAT window will indeed be permanently moved for simplicity (IOW: not
dependent upon who's doing the train).

== European train window and changes ==
This would affect Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday

* 1300-1400 CEST (1100-1200 UTC) - EU SWAT window (2 hours earlier)
* 1400-1500 CEST (1200-1300 UTC) - Break
* 1500-1700 CEST (1300-1500 UTC) - EU Train window
* 1700-1800 CEST (1500-1600 UTC) - Break
* 1800-1900 CEST (1600-1700 UTC) - PuppetSWAT (Tue/Thu only, no change)

Also, at the same time we'll be moving the Wednesday morning (SF time)
SWAT window on hour earlier to 9am Pacific. This is to alleviate a
contention with the weekly Scrum of Scrums meeting.

Best,

Greg

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.32/Roadmap

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |