On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Amir Ladsgroup <ladsgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some are changes that partially implemented like page_no_title_convert
> field on page table that only appear in 32 hosts (around two third of the
> hosts) and there is mention of adding it in HISTORY but I can't find any
> mention of removing it neither its existence so I have no idea how to
> proceed here.

Looks like it was added in r16524
<http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/16524> and reverted
(except for the release note entry) in r16526
<http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/16526>.

> Or text table on 21 hosts (around half of them) has an extra field called
> inverse_timestamp which I can't find any mention of it in the code but
> there used to be a field with this name in revision table that got dropped
> in 2005 and I have no idea how to proceed here.

Revisions used to be stored much like how images still are: there was the
"cur" table that had data about the current revision, including its actual
content, and the "old" table for previous revisions.

When all this was redone to have "page" and "revision" and "text" (r6710
<http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/6710>), the "old" table
was just renamed to "text" since most of the text was already in that
table. Which is why all the fields in text use "old_" as a prefix. It seems
that the extraneous columns weren't dropped on all wikis.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer