On 27/07/18 17:01, Shrinivasan T wrote:
I'd hope that https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/OAuth/For_Developers
covers this. The Commons Android app developers had a similar request in
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T179519 .

The request for oauth fro commons app is rejected due to some legal issues.

Seems we also have to use the regular username, password login method.

I've been wondering about how this sort of thing would work as well, in the context of a Piwigo plugin that I've been working on for easily uploading photos to Commons (or any MediaWiki site). It seems the easiest way to do it is to get users to register their own personal (owner-only) OAuth consumer (which I think never requires approval?) and then have them enter the consumer token in the app. Then they still have to go through the access token request process, but it feels reasonably straight forward, if less convenient than just clicking "log in with Commons".