This is not occurring on enwiki; however, if it was, given that this is a
longstanding user I would expect to see a pattern of warnings, a long set
of diffs for prior incidents, clear documentation of both the rule *and*
the social context for the problem before someone gets blocked for a week.
If someone was confused or objected that would all be on the record.

I know better than to suggest every project's internal enforcement and
policies work the same way, but ... three days into the discussion thread,
I am still confused, lacking prior incident information, lacking prior
warnings documentation, lacking explanation of the social context, lacking
explanation for why this "wtf" was enforced but not any of the apparently
500-ish other instances in history on this project.

The enwiki assumption is that it's the responsibility for acting
administrators or arbitrators to justify and explain if someone challenges
or asks for clarification.  That's there for a reason.  Not that every
single act (personally identifiable information leaks, sexual harassment,
issues involving minors, etc) can be fully publicly explained, but
excluding those classes of issue it all should be if someone asks.

I don't feel comfortable watching these exchanges and not getting real
context and explanation.  I went back and reread again tonight and it's
still not coming through.  I don't know this was an improper action, but
it's not explained properly yet.

Can someone on CoC give the rest of us the type of information we'd see if
this was enwiki?  If not, can you explain why not?  I know you may not (yet
or ever) always require that, but it's what is needed to stop these types
of threads and questions.

Thank you

-george william herbert
george.herb...@gmail.com