I have a program that generates HTML, complete with anchors and links that
refer to them. (some of the anchor links cross files)

I have not successfully put "<A>" tags into my wiki page. The <H1> etc
markers with "=" generate them, but I want to put in some of my own. I
don't want to break any existing anchors either.

I hope to use the maintenance scripts to convert the HTML pages into WIKI
pages, and I understand that I will essentially be using only the contents
of the <BODY> tags to be the body of the wiki page, as the <HEAD> and
<HTML> tags will be part of the page generated by the wiki.

Does anyone have any guidance or web pages I should read?

Thank you,
David
713-870-3834