https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2018-10-17

=2018-10-17=
== Callouts ==
* Fundraising campaigns
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CentralNotice/Calendar
* Release Engineering
** Train blocked: (MediaWiki-General-or-Unknown) T207288 Text in the
Sidebar does no longer show the message text, only the message name

== Audiences ==

=== Contributors ===
==== Community Tech ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

==== Anti-Harassment Tools ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**  Waiting for "Execute the schema change for Partial Blocks" to release
Partial Blocks https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T204006

==== Editing ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
** Updates:
**

==== Growth ====
* Blocked by: Editing on the details of instrumentaton for cross
collaboration
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**Copyvio logging is in progress on enwiki, so users of
Special:NewPagesFeed?copyvio=1 can see drafts and articles which
potentially have copyvio

==== Language ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

=== Readers ===
==== iOS native app ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** 6.1 with wikidata description editing & revert notifications in beta (
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/ios-app-v6.1-narwhal-on-a-bumper-car/)
** 6.1.1 (
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/ios-app-v6.1.1-narwhal-on-a-magic-pumpkin/)
will
be a bug fix & tech debt release

==== Android native app ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

==== Readers Web ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Mobile website (MinervaNeue / MobileFrontend):

*** Invest in the MobileFrontend & MinervaNeue frontend architecture
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Projects/Invest_in_the_MobileFrontend_%26_MinervaNeue_frontend_architecture
**** Webpackify Skins and Overlay management T205593
**** Count production JavaScript client Errors in statsv T205582
**** Remove ESLint from Grunt tasks T206069
**** Fix QUnit appendChild bug with Browser.test.js T203818
**** Port PageGateway tests to node-qunit T206226
**** Use NPM for Hogan v2.0.0 T205128
**** Add code coverage testing and increase test coverage for some existing
mobile.startup files T203818

*** Page issues
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile_Page_Issues
**** A/B test will conclude soon T200792
**** Remove page issues A/B instrumentation T206178

*** Add share button T181195
*** Make the watchlist accessible to non-JavaScript browsers T196893
*** Maintenance and bug fixes T204835

*** Advanced mobile contributions
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Advanced_mobile_contributions
**** Design continuing special pages work in Minerva

** PDF rendering (Proton)
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/PDF_Functionality
*** Remaining work tracked in T186748
*** Rewrite Queue to Promises T204055
*** Rollback Puppeteer to v1.5.0

** SEO:
*** Add Schema.org Article JSON-LD to main namespace pages T198946 (thanks
for all the help cscott!)

** Management supporting Multimedia hiring processes

** Product continuing 3-5 year planning.

==== Readers Infrastructure ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** At offsite this week (not attending).

==== Multimedia ====
* Updates
** Hiring continues
** SDoC - ready to go to beta once James F comes back from his offsite
** SDoC - discussion on data modelling continues
** SDoC - usability study on multi-lingual captions
** SDoC - ... other stuff to do with allowing users to add/search on
'depicts' statements

==== Parsing ====
* Blocked by: None
* Blocking: None
* Updates: Nothing significant to report to SOS

==== UI Standardization ====
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

== Technology ==
=== Analytics ===
* Blocked by: someone to finish reviewing a very simple extension change:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/Dashiki/+/464469/
   will post on the Parsoid IRC channel, hopefully Cscott or Subbu will
review and +2 (Shannon commenting here) (thank you kindly, I didn't want to
bother people that are doing *important* work, this is just a piddly
change) (Request
submitted to parsoid IRC)
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** EventLogging - To - Druid automatic ingester now uses a whitelist
instead of a blacklist.  It's smoother and accepting more kinds of data,
come talk to us if you're interested
** Various Wikistats 2 UI bug fixes, will focus on this all quarter to
prepare it for a Beta release by the end of the year
** Progress on importing XML dumps, automatic job will be deployed soon and
we'll start working on processing the content
** Working on the quality of Mediawiki History data in the Data Lake,
addressing edge cases that we left for later
** Prototyping node Event Intake service for the Modern Event Platform
** EventLogging javascript client lost debug validation by default, and
will soon no longer need Schema ResourceLoader modules, see migration info:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T205744

=== Cloud Services ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

=== Fundraising Tech ===
* Blocked by:
**CRM tests still regularly failing due to full mysql partition on
integration hosts. Possible fix noted by Eileen on
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T205950
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**Email campaigns have been underway for a couple weeks now, seeing a
decent amount of traffic
**Fixing some payments-wiki card processor error handling
**Refactoring CiviCRM imports to use drupal batch API
**Still finishing up new code to import and aggregate banner and landing
page stats to mysql on the FR cluster
**Dusting off the internal donations dashboard for the Big English campaign

=== MediaWiki Core Platform ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

=== Performance ===
* Blocked by:
**
* Blocking:
**
* Updates:
**

=== Release Engineering ===
* Blocked by:
** (MediaWiki-General-or-Unknown) T207288 Text in the Sidebar does no
longer show the message text, only the message name
* Blocking:
** Fundraising Tech: CRM tests still regularly failing due to full mysql
partition on integration hosts. Possible fix noted by Eileen on
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T205950
* Updates:
** Interviewing on-going for our Developer Productivity position:
https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/1225258?gh_src=f15731e11
** Train Health:
*** Last week: no train, datacenter switchover T191071 1.32.0-wmf.25
deployment blockers
*** This week: the last 1.32 release T191072 1.32.0-wmf.26 deployment
blockers
**** Still open/blocking: T207288 Text in the Sidebar does no longer show
the message text, only the message name (MediaWiki-General-or-Unknown)
**** Resolved: T207220 AFComputedVariable.php: Argument to getLinksFromDB()
must be an instance of Article - the cause has been identified and reverted.
*** Next week: 1.33 starts the next week - T191072 1.32.0-wmf.26 deployment
blockers
** Log Health:
*** T204871 Deployments of MediaWiki with scap cause a spam of "web request
took longer than 60 seconds and timed out"
** Code Health:
*** Metrics group meets weekly
*** T207046 Code health metrics spike

=== Research ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:

=== Scoring Platform ===
* Blocked by:
** Need DBA review of a proposed link table and indexes for Extension:JADE,
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/JADE/+/456078/
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** ORES cluster CPU usage has been slowly climbing, from 5% to almost
100%.  This seems to be caused by a bug in mwparserfromhell, we're going to
upgrade soon.  No downtime so far, we have new alerts in place and will be
sending out an update to wikitech-l soon.
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T206654
** We're switching some of our task tracking from Celery to Redis, which
will help us with an upgrade to Celery 4, and reduces load on Redis.
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T152012

=== Search Platform ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
** Finished evaluating Korean analyzers, positive result but waiting for ES
6.4 migration: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178925
** Standardize autocomplete preferences interface:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T205991
** Lexemes are now supported in WDQS:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikidata//2018-October/012545.html
** Created auto-deployment testing server for WDQS:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T197187
** Started work on “wrong keyboard layout” detection:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T138958
** Working on calculating examination probabilities for completion queries:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T205348
** Working on improving data and creating models from autocompletion click
data: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T205111
** Working on running multiple Elastic instances on the same hardware:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T193654
** Working on query parsing refactoring:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T185108

=== Security ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T200279 is moving forward to
Beta
**

=== Services ===
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

=== Site Reliability Engineering ===
* Blocked by:
** None
* Blocking:
** None
* Updates:
** Switchback completed successfully
** S8 (wikidata) eqiad missing data due to replication issues still being
fully fixed
** Blubber 0.6.0 packaged and uploaded
** Apache puppet restructuring ongoing to support php7

== Wikidata ==
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

== German Technical Wishlist ==
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

== Multi-Content Revisions ==
* Blocked by:
* Blocking:
* Updates:
**

== SoS Meeting Bookkeeping ==
* Updates:
**Agreement to change meeting start time to 35 mins past the hour