As far as I know Brian is right, the patrol status in recentchanges is not
public. However, the patrol log
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/patrol> is, so with a bit of
effort you should be able to mostly reconstruct whether a revision is
patrolled or not. (I thought about reporting this as a [very minor]
security bug when I noticed it some months ago, but according to
Phabricator people seem to be well aware of this. I’m not sure why we don’t
make the patrol status public on recentchanges, to be honest.)

Cheers,
Lucas

Am Di., 5. März 2019 um 17:33 Uhr schrieb bawolff <bawolff...@gmail.com>:

> Are you sure that patrol status is shown as colour coding on history pages?
> I'm pretty sure its not.
>
> If you mean kind of the dim yellow colour (like in
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Adult_Swim&action=history
> for the moment, but that will likely change soon), that means a pending
> change, which is a different system from patrolling.
>
> Note, on enwikipedia (but not other projects) RC patrolling is disabled,
> and only new page patrol is enabled (so only the first revision can have a
> patrol status).
>
> --
> Brian
>
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 4:13 PM Сибирев Кирилл <sibi...@yandex-team.ru>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi, we are using wikimedia http api for getting pages recent changes [1].
> > We'd like to be able to distinguish patrolled and unpatrolled revisions
> and
> > this feature is supported according to docs, but we still can't use it
> > because of access permissions. For example if i making requests like [2]
> or
> > [3] i am getting {"code": "permissiondenied", "info": "You need the
> > \"patrol\" or \"patrolmarks\" right to request the patrolled flag."}
> error.
> >
> > This API behaviour looks inconsistent to me, because anyone can see
> > patrolled/unpatrolled colored markup at wikipedia revision history web
> > pages. I think patrol right should be checked only at write (ones that
> mark
> > revisions patrolled or not) API requests and not for read requests.
> >
> > Is this behaviour really inconsistent and implemented that way due to
> > technical restrictions or am i missing something? Can it be changed, so
> we
> > can get patrolling information for revisions or maybe there are some
> > workarounds exist?
> >

> > [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:RecentChanges
> > [2]
> >
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=recentchanges&rcprop=title|patrolled&rclimit=3
> > [3]
> >
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=recentchanges&rcprop=title&rcshow=patrolled&rclimit=3

Lucas Werkmeister
Full Stack Developer

Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
https://wikimedia.de

sum of all knowledge. Help us to achieve our vision!
https://spenden.wikimedia.de