On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 3:01 PM Derk-Jan Hartman <
d.j.hartman+wmf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Last year has seen a lot of focus on Technical Debt. WMF also has a core
> platform team now, which finally allows a more sustainable chipping away at
> some of the technical debt.

Yeah. Having tech debt is never great but what gets people concerned is
when it just grows and grows, and management dismisses concerns because it
is always more important to have the next feature out quickly. We used to
have a bit of that problem, but IMO there have been lots of positive
changes in the last two years or so, and there is now a credible
organization-wide effort now to get debt under control (mainly looking at
the Platform Evolution program here). Having the core platform team also
helped a lot, and in my impression some other teams that had in the past
focused on fast feature iteration have also been given more space to do
things right.