Hello,

When promoting group1 to MediaWiki 1.34.0-wmf.6, cawikinews has been unreachable for roughly half an hour.

The reason is that very early in the process of loading the wiki, a PHP fatal error occurred. I thus roll backed cawikinews to 1.34.0-wmf.5 which fixed it:
 https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T224116

Then eventually other wikis have been found to be missing localisation strings indicating FlaggedRevs has other issues:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T224124

I am thus rolling back group1 to 1.34.0-wmf.5 until FlaggedRevs is fixed.

The root cause is the conversion of MediaWiki extension FlaggedRevs to the extension registry system. Apparently some settings are loaded later than they used to and cause a Fatal when trying to interact with an unset variable.

The task is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T224116 If you are familiar with operations/mediawiki-config load order and extension registry loading, your help will be more than appreciated.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso