Some updates:

* Using a batch job I removed around 140 tags from open tasks (An example:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T222963#5216986) You should not get any
notification for those. This is basically the first and only big cleanup

* The bot is active and removes the tag on tasks that are open and have
been updated in the last hour, every hour. You will get notification for
those. It's similar to release tagger bot and I recommand filtering them on
your mail client if you get too many of them (as Stephen pointed out). This
is rather low-volume action to avoid piling those up in the future.

* I'm not touching closed tasks as it's lots of tickets and won't gain us
much benefit, if you want me to do it for any reason you want. Let me know.

* Now, the tag is only used on tickets that actually have a patch attached
to them (open tickets, closed ones is a mess), making us be able to use the
tag efficiently. For example, this is the tickets about wikidata that have
outstanding patch:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/71/query/3IFPR_mx6Nll/

Best

Amir (he/him)