On 7/22/19 11:05 AM, Subramanya Sastry wrote:

On 7/22/19 10:51 AM, Arlo Breault wrote:
On Jul 22, 2019, at 5:11 AM, Sergey F <ser...@fidoman.ru> wrote:

  test3

The result of conversion is:

test2<span>
test3
Yes, this looks like a bug

See https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/services/parsoid/+/524811

Thanks

Thanks Arlo!

Sergey:

It is possible that Arlo's bugfix will satisfy your use case.

It would have helped if I had actually seen Arlo's patch before I sent that email - he was fixing a case where we were not adding a nowiki where it should have been added.

So, you will need to pass the scrub_wikitext parameter if you want to avoid the nowikis. Or, you can normalize the HTML yourself before passing it to Parsoid.

Or, if you were just reporting the inconsistency, ignore my emails. :-)

Subbu.